Monday, March 16, 2009

Driving cars and not driving cars.

I dreamt that Nick Hausman wanted me to drive a jeep to help him and his two friends find a street in Indianapolis. I drove the Jeep through the parking lot of a strip mall that I grew up near. At the end of it was O'Malia's, a grocery store. I realized I had no idea where this street was, but I knew it was at the end of a strip mall somewhere in Indianapolis. The Jeep seemlessly became a bike and I was dragging Nick and his two friends. I thought of taking the worn bike path that went into the neighborhoods behind the grocery store, but decided it was too dark out, and I had passengers so it wasn't safe. I decided to get a shopping cart and pretend I was a costumer so I could ask for directions. A person told me that the street I am looking for is just down keystone, which in my dream was Meridian (Indy people will know what I'm talking about). Just then, another of Nick's friends pulled up in a street racing car with a big trunk. Nick picked up my shopping cart, and ran into traffic to put it in the trunk. Then we got in the car and sped off. Nick was shotgun, I was in the back. The car was being driven by somebody who I recognize even now but I don't know where I met this person. I think I might have worked with him one summer in college, but he was older now in the dream. I don't remember his name.

I am in the back seat and I feel very unsafe, I keep thinking we're going to get in an accident. He is driving too fast and too close to other drivers to get them out of the way. Him and Nick are talking casually, I am really freaked out. We drive near my old high school and there are dorms outside along the road. In the windows are signs for my old high school, Carmel, along with signs for west lafayette high school. I went to college in west lafayette at Purdue.

Then we see a long, aerodynamic car driving backwards and passing people. The driver thinks this is really cool, and I am freaked out that he thinks this is cool because I'm afraid he might try it. The car in reverse pushes a semi into a wall at the corner of 116th and keystone, and a cop car goes to pull him over. I notice in the corner of my vision there is a star blinking, indicating that we are near the attention of the police. The cop car goes to pull the racing car over, and it pulls around and speeds off into the unseen distance seemingly at the speed of sound. The cop car blares it's siren and goes off after it. I note that the racing car can't go that fast for very long, and so will probably get pulled over. We decide we should get a new car.

We pull over into the grass on the side of the road and a man comes out into the car parking lot telling us that he sells cars. I realize that it is Bernie Mac, and he is eating chicken wings. I think they look delicious. Me and Nick hop the fence, and the guy driving the car has been replaced with Warren Phynix Johnson. I note how strange it is that Bernie Mac is now doing something he did as a character in Transformers, and how weird that must feel. Also, I was pretty sure he was dead, but I noted I must have been wrong. Bernie Mac points behind us and says that we are free to order some food while we decide on the car. This car dealership also sells fast food, including 6 to 8 packs of chicken wings that come individually wrapped in a small paper sack. It's making me hungry.

Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment