Monday, March 16, 2009

The two year quest to find a lost barely acquaintance

Last night, I dreamt I was visiting France with my family. Adam Schwartz was with us, and so was Stonelake. I did not know where in Paris I was. It was a small down, with many canals running through it. There was a canal that ran around the perimeter of one part of the town, and on the other side of the Canal were very tall palm trees and old houses. They looked like old civil war era southern plantation houses, with long white columns in the front and lots of windows with wooden shutters. My dad says that there are many historical cites here, apparently the Declaration of Independence was signed in one of the nice houses on the perimeter of the canal. In my dream this never struck me as strange that it was happening in France.

Adam and I are riding on a canal boat, and we meet two French-Asian sisters, named Lily and Erin. They speak French and we're not sure if they understand us. We ask them to come on our boat. We ride around on the canal and we are having so much fun. Adam and I are informed that we are being arrested on drug charges, which we know are false. We tell the two sisters that we will find them once we get out of prison. Adam and I are taken to giant boat for prisoners, and given small glass prescription bottles with the types of drugs we are being charged with possessing in them. These are slid to us through hollowed out log slides as our names are read over a loud speaker. A few are slid to me that don't have my name on them. I know I will get a small sentence for these, so I hid mine and take the other bottle with another's name it. I lie and say my name is 'Kyle Flaits'. Adam and I are on separate ships, and I don't know where my family is. I then realize that I don't know exactly where I am in Paris, so I'll probably never see those two sisters again.

The boat leaves and I am gone for many years. I eventually escape on by getting on a speed boat with some tourists while a secret agent picks up chicks on the way. I decide I will find those two sisters, which Adam has already been doing. He hasn't been having much luck, and tells me to text Stonelake and tell him to help find what town we were in.

I receive a text from Stonelake and it says "forward these to Schwartz!" There are pictures of Lily with her new fiance, and pictures of the town, which has drastically changed.

I go back to the town but I am not sure if I am in the right place. I go to a small beach that has a map of Europe on it and I find France. I look around the edge of it to see what the names of the coastal towns are. There is a woman dressed in crayfish shells and she is singing. The water, which I remembered as blue and clean, is now full of dead leaves and birds. It has become a sickly green and full of dead things. The woman is singing about how its still okay to drink the water, and the locals are telling her please don't drink it. A small boy pulls her hands away when she tries to finally drink it and she laughs at their urgency, but doesn't drink it none the less. I am looking around and the houses are gone, replaced by giant dead crayfish and sand crabs that are hung on walls they have built. A loud street Mariachi band is blasting dissonant music and banging drums. I think this is the town I left, but it looks so different. I turn around and there is Lily with her fiance. I smile and yell that it's me, and what happened to Erin? She seems excited for a second, introduced her fiance and then rolls her eyes at me because it was just one boat ride several years ago. I ask where Erin again and she evades the question but leads me to a woman who I believe is Erin, who is wearing a big white dress and has a wand with a star at the end. It turns out Erin has become a beauty queen, and there is a pageant today. And apparently, in France, the previous beauty queen winner picks the next winner.

I go with her to the edge of a canal with Lily and Lily's fiance, and we watch men and women dancing. One couple will win. I believe all the couples are beautiful, Erin criticizes them in my ear, pointing out their flaws. One couple has a seven foot woman with an over 8 foot man, and they both have abnormal exaggerations of perfect bodies. They are doing jumps and flips over a bar.

I am asked to be part of a comedy show were people wear white briefs and do weird dances and chants in front of audience members, and try to get the audience to do the same. The audience laughs at the dances I do. They mostly involve nonsense words.

Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment